FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does the New Puppy Board & Train Package take?
- The training takes 2 weeks once the puppy has turned 8 weeks old
What is involved in the New Puppy Board & Train Package?
- Your puppy will be crate trained and leash broke. The crate allows the puppy to learn bladder control and help them get over the whining phase. Leash breaking a puppy will teach them to walk on a leash.
What do I need to bring with me when I come for a visit?
- You need to bring the Waiver of Liability form with you completed with everyone’s name on it that is visiting. It can be found and printed out from our Dogs for Sale page or at the bottom of any page including this one.
What will I receive once I pickup my puppy?
- You will receive a signed copy of your contract, the current vaccination records, a dog leash and a sample bag of dog food that we are currently using.
What brand of dog food is the puppy currently eating?
- We use Diamond Puppy until around the age of 8 weeks old and then we switch them to Diamond Hi-Energy. It can be found at any pet supply store, feed store or Amazon. We have the dog food available for you upon request.
Should I buy a collar for my puppy prior to pickup him or her up?
- We suggest to wait on getting a collar until you see the size of your puppy. Puppy size changes daily so we don’t recommend buying it prior to your pickup date.
What will be discussed with me when we pick up our puppy?
- We will cover diet, vaccination records, general crate training tips, general leash breaking tips, how to prevent separation anxiety, potential general bad behaviors that a puppy could have for the first 3 months and anything else you would like to cover.
My puppy is staying for the New Puppy Board & Train Package, can I leave a personal item behind for the puppy to know my “smell”?
- Unfortunately we say no to this. We train the puppy with nothing in the crate as the puppy is learning bladder control. Your “smell” will be gone from the item within 2 days of the puppy having it so they will still not know you when you come to pick them up in 2 weeks. Also usually any items given to a puppy, it will become a chew toy. They do not know the difference.
What type and size of crate do we use for crate training the puppy?
- We use a travel/airline style crate to train the puppy in. The size of the crate is 32 x 23 x 24. We have one available for you upon request. We have found that the wire mesh style crates can be easily escaped from and the puppy can hurt themselves in it.
How can I pay the remainder amount due on my puppy?
- We accept Cash, Check, Venmo, Zelle, PayPal or Credit Card for payment options. If paying by credit card, you can pay once you are here to pickup your puppy or contact us by email for instructions on how to pay online through the website. If paying by Venmo, Zelle or PayPal, contact us by email for link or account information.
29717 County Road 44 Burlington, CO 80807 USA
*note: all visitors must download and bring with them a signed waiver form.
Call us directly for prompt answers to your questions.
Secure Your Pup
Found a pup you love? Submit a deposit today.
Questions? Contact us directly: